Updated: Nov 21
Are you considering renovating your kitchen but don't know its cost? Well, you are not the only one to feel this way. The kitchen is a significant area of your house.
And Kitchen renovation costs can be a little uncertain, and without proper awareness of specifications, they can quickly shoot up. The average kitchen remodels per square foot is 100 AED to 250 AED.
If you are a resident of Dubai and want to know the cost of renovating a kitchen, read this article till the end; let’s try to understand the total cost to remodel a kitchen in Dubai in 2022.
Why Renovate Your Kitchen in Dubai?
There are several reasons you need to renovate your kitchen in Dubai. Here are those reasons mentioned:
Add value - If you plan on selling your house at some point, your well renovates kitchen will add value to your property.
Less Energy Cost - Once you replace outdated appliances with new technology, it will give you less energy cost.
Enhance Kitchen’s Functionality - New appliances are energy efficient, and you can easily enhance your kitchen functionality by installing them.
More Safety and Comfort - A modern kitchen will withstand all the wear and tear and offers you improved comfort and safety.
Different Types of Kitchen Remodeling Costs in Dubai
Regarding remodeling costs in Dubai, there are many factors to remember. Ultimately, the cost depends on the nature and quality of the materials used the labour hours, and the logistics movement. Hoover, the area in which you reside, affects the cost.
A typical kitchen remodeling cost in Dubai can be around 15,000 AED to 1,00,000 AED. Though, this is a rough estimation. The size of your kitchen and requirements can tell the exact cost of kitchen remodeling.
Here are the types of kitchen remodels to upgrade your cookhouse in Dubai:
Small Kitchen Renovation - from renovating a small kitchen to a modular kitchen in Dubai, there are many different ways to do that. It only depends on what you need to remodel in your kitchen. Few changes might need heavy-duty labour, so they will be more expensive than the small changes. Depending on your requirements, the average cost of small kitchen renovation in Dubai is around 2000 AED to 5500 AED. New kitchen trends and materials are more expensive than the old kitchen setups.
Traditional Kitchen Renovation - Traditional kitchen renovation is a part of historical designs that include natural materials like oak and floors. To make your kitchen look traditional, you should pick wood with gloomy colours to look aged and rusty. Traditional kitchens are all about little details that give you a welcoming feel, and their cost in Dubai is around 5000 AED to 12000 AED.
Modern Kitchen Renovation - Modern Kitchen Renovation in Dubai costs around 4000 AED to 10000 AED. It totally depends on what kind of materials and appliances you need to use to make it classy. The modern kitchen is all about aesthetic looks, so people want to go with those appliances and materials which make their modern kitchen more appealing. Installing high-notch accessories like sensors will cost you around 200 AED to 1000 AED.
Luxury Kitchen Renovation - Luxury Kitchen Renovation would be a detailed remodeling process, from stone counterparts and high-end fixtures to large kitchen islands. And it will cost around 15000 AED to 30000 AED in Dubai. Customized items are ideal for a luxury kitchen renovation as they can fit easily in the area. On the other hand, you can also choose bespoke facilities, but they will be extra costly according to the product's worth.
How Much Does a Kitchen Renovation Cost in Dubai?
You need to consider different factors when doing a kitchen renovation, including the materials, appliances you choose and the size of your kitchen.
1. Kitchen Counterparts: Counterparts play an essential role in your kitchen. It can be made using different designs with various materials like marbles, granite, solid surface, and nano-white. The cost depends on the design you choose according to the size of your kitchen. The cost of materials like granite and marble can differ because of their design and quality. A general estimation is around 90 AED to 200 AED per square foot.
2. Kitchen Cabinets: Cabinets are significant parts of the kitchen and the most expensive thing for a kitchen renovation. The cost of kitchen cabinets is estimated at around 75 AED per square foot. You can choose from partial overlay, full overlay and inset. These are all different types of cabinets. These may be included with drawers and panels for lower and uppers in your cabinets. However, the commercial kitchen uses a laminate finish for BWR(Boiling Water Resistant).
3. Sink: The cost of sink renovation is around 180 AED. These days, dual sinks and vegetable sinks get used in the kitchen. There is a wide variety of range when it comes to kitchen sinks designs and materials. The sinks will be adjusted with high-quality plumbing accessories like faucets, pipelines and drainage systems.
4. Kitchen Tiles: Once the kitchen cabinets and counterparts get done, the tiling process comes. It can be floor or wall tiles that give an extra unique look to your kitchen. To know the kitchen tiling cost, you need to calculate the space. When calculating, add 5 to 10 % different tiles for wastage and cutting purposes. The average kitchen cost for tiling is around 10 AED per square foot, including labour and materials costs. But it is advisable to take a professional contractor's opinion before estimating.
5. Kitchen Accessories: There are two types of kitchen accessories; one is known as modular, and the other is conventional. Both are suitable for a kitchen. You can choose or consult with your contractor before installing them. Once you select, you can know their actual cost from the brand and outlets. The kitchen accessories include cutlery organizers, a corner unit, a bottle pull-out, and pull-out baskets.
6. Electrical Work: The electrical work, like the switchboards to the wall, points for every appliance to work. The kitchen renovation cost of wiring may be around 10 to 25 AED per square foot.
The electrical services include fittings, fans, LED lighting, plugs, and socket points. You can also get a free quote for your kitchen’s electrical work from your contractor.
7. Paint: The paint cost in Dubai for a kitchen is around 2 AED per square foot, including labour and material costs. Once you finish the cabinets and counterparts, the walls and ceiling need to get painted. The paint will give a new and colourful look to your kitchen.
What is the Cheapest Way to Renovate Your Kitchen?
If you are on a limited budget but still want to renovate your kitchen, here are some clever ideas to go with:
Don’t Redesign Your Existing Kitchen Layout - You need to keep your existing kitchen layout to cut costs if they are not damaged or broken.
Reuse Your Appliances - If you got your kitchen appliances in an operational mode, reuse them, including sinks. And spend the saved money on something else.
Cabinets Do Over - If your kitchen cabinets are in good shape and not rusty, just paint them and replace doors and drawers only instead of replacing the whole cabinetry.
Light Fittings and Switchboards - Try to spend little on light fittings, switchboards, and window coverings to renovate your kitchen within the budget.
Cupboard Doors - Another cheapest way to renovate your kitchen is to remove cupboard doors and replace them with simple, open shelves for a modern look. Also, you can paint them to make them look more colourful.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Does Kitchen Renovation in Dubai Require a Permit?
1. Will I need a Permit to renovate my Kitchen in Dubai?
Well, you will not require any permit for slight changes like replacement of fixtures or backsplash. But, you need a permit if you think of changing the existing layout.
If you need to relocate the plumbing to move your sink, you might need a permit for that. On average, the cost of the kitchen renovation permit in Dubai is around 116 AED to 350 AED.
2. How much does a kitchen renovation cost in Dubai?
As a general estimate, the kitchen renovation costs in Dubai are around 2.3K AED to 29K AED. It depends on the type of remodeling you need, the size of your kitchen, the costs of materials used, and personal choices of appliances.
3. What Types of Kitchen can I choose from?
You can choose an open or closed kitchen in Dubai as per your choice. Before you decide on something, consider the pros and cons of an open and closed kitchen. An open kitchen will offer you more space to move, while a closed kitchen will give you more privacy and make you feel cozy while doing chores.
4. What is the Cheapest way to Renovate your Kitchen?
You can save much on kitchen renovation in Dubai if you make clever moves. Try to replace plastic containers with glass or metal ones. These will make your kitchen look more aesthetic and luxurious.
5. How much should a 10*10 Kitchen Remodel Cost?
Dubai's 10*10 kitchen remodel cost is around 5000 AED to 10,000 AED per square foot. Some people spend more money on their kitchen than their whole house. It depends on how you want to spend your space.
6. How long does a Small Kitchen Renovation Take?
A kitchen renovation generally takes up to four to five weeks to finish. It depends on the requirements and size of your kitchen to remodel.
7. Why is My Kitchen Cabinet Peeling?
Your kitchen cabinet is peeling because of water damage, poor quality paint and high humidity. The sinks and stove can also make your kitchen look dull.
In the end, we can say that kitchen renovation in Dubai can be unpredictable if you don’t plan smartly or know anything about remodeling. You will end up spending way too much.
Hiring a professional kitchen remodeling company in Dubai, Yalla Renovation can help you with your budget and the quality of finish you want.
They offer renovation services and remodel designs that can change the whole look of your preexisting kitchen within your budget. And increase the value of your property.